front O2 sensor pricing- best price or best fit?

my car is the 95 850glt spoken of in an earlier post- i am planning on replacing the front O2 sensor, but now the question becomes: should i get a direct fit or a solder/crimp style - is there a performance difference? any good/bad experiences out there? thanks! i know the price difference can be anywhere from $50- over $100 and im talking about parts not bought at the volvo counter!

-robbie

Reply to
Robbie Wilson

I've used the crimp style before, and it worked okay for me. I have reservations about whether solder is useful for a device that is exposed to such heat and vibration - I'd expect the solder to crack and crumble within a year or so. Perhaps the part deep inside the crimp would fare better.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Reply to
Rob Guenther

But often crimps are poorly done with low quality butt splices, and so are loose. And if not protected from the weather, then corrosion interferes with the connection after a short time.

I'd always stick with the OE style.

Reply to
Mike F

Is it in need of replacement? Put a high impedence, digital volt meter, from the connection and ground while the car is hot and running. The O2 sensor should move from about .2VDC to about .8 VDC. Google for O2 sensor for more on this.

Reply to
DonWillson