Help - leaking tranny - 84 249 GLE

Hi all,

My beast has the 4sp OD auto tranny, and the bush in the back of the extension housing has gone. It is leaking a lot. I am told you cannot simply buy the bush, (rare as apparently,) and u need to buy the housing. Either that or a couple of hundred Aussie to sort it and a new uni in the tailshaft.

Has anyone eles had this problem?

Cheers, and thanks,

Paul

Reply to
XYZ

Tailshaft bushing kit, USD $12

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks for this link James. I think I am going to contribute to Australia's trade deficit, even though I would prefer to buy local.

Uni joints on this link are $8.00US, or $16.99 at OEM. They are $99 Aussie from Volvo here. Even with air freight, they are a fraction of the price.

Thanks again,

Paul

Reply to
XYZ