installation of aftermarket radio in XC90

I want to install an aftermarket radio navigation system in my XC90 namely the Kenwood DDX7025 double Din Monitor. The Volvo dealer in Holland tells me however that the original radio cannot
be taken out of the car as this will cause faults in the computersystem. I have tried out what the dealer says and it seems to be true.
WHO CAN GIVE ME A GOOD ADVICE ?????
It would be ridiculous when no other radio can be installed.
Bert..