aux in for blaupunkt radio

Hi - I got a new focus se and it comes with the factory mp3 cd player made by blaupunkt. I think it is made by blaupunkt. Anyway - it is the standard double-ISO formfactor with silver trim and the navigation buttons in a row down the bottom of it. I do not have a 6-cd changer, though I believe the radio is equipped to handle one.

Just to confuse things, they put an 'aux' button on the radio, though from what I've read, they don't mean that. They mean, "6-cd changer". I want aux though!

So, two questions, really. The first is, does anyone know how to convert the

6-cd changer interface into a generic aux in? I know they make adaptors and, since I won't be installing it myself, does anyone know of brick and mortar stores where I can buy this adaptor and have them install it?

Second - would you do this? Or would you simply buy a new radio with a 1/8" phono jack in the front? I like the way it looks in the car, and the aftermarket ones feel kind of chintzy to me, with the tiny, wobbly plastic buttons. Also - I'm not an audiophile and have no interest in upgrading the speakers in the car or buying an amp.

So, what would you do? What's the solution? j

Reply to
Josh