leaking auto gearbox 850

I have been offered to buy a Volvo 850 SE 1995 model for a very good price ( lowest trade in offered by dealer). Car is fastidiuously maintained. It has 189.000 on the clock. I have noticed a small leak from the automatic gearbox and perhaps the seal on the shaft end next to it as well. Can anyone tell me roughly what I am looking at in terms of repairs and cost? One minor detail: I am buying from an family member, I know.......

Thanks

JMJJ Cates

Reply to
JMJJ Cates