Need some advises about Volvo maintenance

I bought a 1996 Volvo 850 wagen from a dealer in June. It was just

58,000 miles, good body and runs smoothly.

Now three months after, I feel I need to do some maintenace on this car. So the question is: other than oil change, what else I may need to do, for the car of that age, with such millages? I do not have records of what the previous onwer have done on this car.

And I am living in san jose, any recommandations of the good Volvo maintenance shop with the reasonable price ?

thanks a lot

CJ

Reply to
Charlie

As you say, an oil&filter change. 60,000 mile service also requires Air filter change, replace "drive belt" (i.e. alternator & power steering belt). Replace PCV (flame trap) if you car has one, check steering, driveshafts and brake lines. Replace spark plugs and brake fluid, and lubricate the timing belt tensioner. The timing belt interval for a '96 model is 70,000 miles but personally I would change it now.

Having done all that little lot, your car should be ready for a good few more reliable miles. Or more likely, you'll have a wheel bearing fail or something!

As I posted the other day, sign up to

andyou can see the service schedules for all recent Volvos, along with onlineversions of the owners manuals. Cheers,

AJ

Reply to
AJ MacLeod