Recommendation : Looking for a good 740 electrics mechanic in Central North Carolina

Fellow Brick lovers,

I looking for a good Volvo engine electrics mechanic to solve a difficult intermittent problem. Any recommendations. 1988 740, 8 valve.

Also looking for factory electrical shop manual for same.

Thanks

Reply to
Ferggie

If I am not mistaken, late '80s 7-series Volvos had eco-friendly wiring harness that deteriorate over time. That deterioration results in intermittent and odd electrical problems with multiple systems in the vehicle. From the threads I read, people with late '80's 7-series vehicle have had very good success by replacing the wiring harness in the engine compartment.

I don't sell them but you can find them by Googling "740 wiring harness". There is even a site that shows how to do it.

I hope that helps.

GMan in Raleigh

Reply to
GMan