Differences between a 88 and 89 Volvo 740?

My Haynes manual only covers through 1988 models. Apparently there were significant changes made in 1989. Mine is an 89 Volvo GL sedan....was wondering how much of the info in my 82-88 Haynes manual is valid also for 89. Particularly the electrical system?

Reply to
JimiGunne

Hi Jimi,

I have stuff on 240's only but may be of some help with your 740. There were many changes for 1989 240's:

New Fuel Injection System. (Bosch LH 2.4, Self-diagnostic, Self-correcting.) Cold Start Valve re-located. New Lighting of instrument panel. (3W halogen bulb.) Warning Lamp for"Check Engine". (Emission control parts of fuel injection system and ignition system.) New Ignition System. (EZ 116K) Lighter Weight Final Drive Housing. Aluminum Differential Cover. New Steering Wheel. Blackpainted Steel Wheel. New Full-sized Hub Cap. Rear Seat Belts Unlock from top of clip. Child Seat Attachment points added. Rear Head Rests. Right Hand Side Mirror is convex. New Rear Seat Back Rest in Wagon.

Hope some of this may be helpful. Good Luck. Andy I.

Reply to
brackenburn

You can get the later Haynes (European version) from IPD (http://www.ipdusa). this takes you to '92 model year (1991 registration in UK).

Reply to