Stall out at idle - smells like sulfer

My '95 turbo has been stalling when coming to a stop/idle, and the other day I smelled sulfur. The car starts right back up after stalling. This is not something that happens all of the time, rather every few days. But, when it happens once, it happens a few times. I have recently had my Mass Air Intake sensor replaced, as well as the main hose to my turbo intake. Does anyone know what may be causing the stalling? Knowledgeable input appreciated.

Reply to
850TURBOpbp65

My '95 is a 850 Turbo

Reply to
850TURBOpbp65

Sounds like catalyser trouble.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Assuming you have no trouble codes, you should start by cleaning up the throttle body and idle valve.

Reply to
Mike F

sounds like the catalytic converter is clogged. everyone thinks that when the cat. system gets restricted that it means the vehicle wont start - from my experience it will, and will get progressively harder over the coming days/weeks. it may not seem sluggish, or anything to that effect- but a plugged cat make a very specific smell - sulphur.

Erik

Reply to
/////////