starting and electrical 1985 Volvo 240 DL

I was wondering why my car doesn't like to start after it drives through slush and rain. It just sounds like it's flooded and if it doesn't start it has a terrible time trying to. If left for a while like a day or half a day it will start once it's dried.

Also when I turn my on my lights it turns off my stereo and my gas tank and cooling guages turn off too. Turning a signal light on can cut my power to the stereo as well.

Finally my car won't start some times like it's completly drained from something, and supposebly it's grounded and it not the alternator, I boost it and it's good to go.

Thanks, any info would be great.

Reply to
prespez

Is the plastic pan missing from under the front end?

Almost certainly a bad ground somewhere in the dash wiring.

??? That got a bit scrambled...

Reply to
<fargo