The electrical plot thickens (89 240 Wagon)

My flasher unit or relay (the 3 pronged black plastic thingie held behind the console by a black metal death grip clip) continues to click at about two clicks per second. All bulbs are good. The seat belt warning does not appear to be related. I noticed today that when I stepped on the brake pedal, the rear defogger light on the console lit up spontaneously. I have yet to get in to check on ground wires. I just figured this additional symptom is probably related and might point me in another direction.

Thanks

Reply to
Danny

Open the tail gate & inspect the wire harnesses that go though the hinges for any broken wires also check the hinge itself for a broken ground wire Glenn

Reply to
G Klein