89 240 CA Smog

The state of CA is requiring my upcoming biennial smog check to be at a TEST ONLY CENTER. There is a blurb about this being a car that "pollutes more". It has never failed a smog check in 15 years. Is there an emissions problem associated with this year-make-model that I don't know about?

Reply to
JShreve

I'm in Illinois so I can't speak to California standards, but I know my '89 240 wagon passed its emissions test here every year, and it had passed the New York emissions test prior to my purchasing it.

Reply to
PButler111

It's just BS based strictly on the age of the car, 240's don't pollute any more than most new cars when in good condition.

Reply to
James Sweet