Update: 850 Turbo A/C Evaporator Replaced - Now I'm Cool Again

Just had the A/C evaporator, dryer bottle, several "O" rings, pollen filter, instrument panel illumination bulbs (6), and recirc arm replaced at a local repair shop vs. the Volvo dealer. Volvo dealer had quoted $1575 to replace the evap, dryer, pollen filter. Local shop did all that plus the light bulbs, recirc arm and checked all the coolant hoses for $1007. My 850 now cools like when it was brand new. I think I've found a new mechanic, and the shop has extremely high quality ratings in the "Checkbook.org" publication for my area. My car has 120,000 miles and this was the first evap replacement.

Reply to
Larry