UPDATE: '93 240 failed emmisions test in Ontario

I passed !!! :-)

Thanks to James Sweet for suggesting to use the product to clean valves & injectors.

OK, now the facts:

In first test,HC was at 83 (linit is 66), CO was at 0.40 (limit is

0.37) and NO was at 903 (limit is 505).

In today's test I got 66 for HC ( a 20.4% reduction from last test), CO at 0.23 (a 42.5% reduction) and NO at 451 (a 50% reduction).

As you can see, my HC is at 66 and the limit is 66!!! So what do you suggest? I'm OK for now, but if HC increases by just one, I'll fail the test in two years.

Should I get the technician at the Volvo dealer to manually clean valves & injectors or should I just give it another treatment or two?

Btw, I gave it two treatments. First one was for injectors only. The improvement was marginal, ~ 5-10%. But the second treatment was for the valves. injectors, etc. That made a h*ll of a difference. The car drives 100% better. Accelerration is unbelievable.

Thanks.

Btw, I used the Canadian Tire brand of cleaners.

Reply to
NoOne

Apparently driving for half an hour or so before the test is useful for lowering HCs. A tidbit gleaned from this forum a few years ago and not mentioned much anymore... Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

How could I forget - an oil change is also supposed to help HCs.

Reply to
Michael Pardee

After failing the first test, I went on the highway and drove 100 KM at spped between 100KM/h and 140KM/h then went directly to take a second test. All readings were slightly higher than the first test taken a few hours earlier that day.

I did change the oil at end of April. Mobil 1.

Reply to
NoOne