xc90 markup

At volvo site. 2007 Base xc90 3.2 fwd with standard everything MSRP approx

38K. At dealer web sites prices 48-49K for similarly equipped models (with the V8 10K higher). This is in SF bay area. I have only looked on the internet at this point but are xc90's selling for 10K more than MSRP? Are these inventory prices just wishes on the part of the dealers? Are there places in California where the XC90 sells for MSRP? Why does Edmunds say the selling price in these zip codes are about 1000 less than MSRP? I don't want to spend a lot of energy on a car search if xc90's are in fact so popular they are selling for thousands more than MSRP Thanks for any info group members have Howard Nelson 1985 245 1993 945T
Reply to
Howard Nelson