84 Vanagon Air Conditioning

Just picked up my *sweet* 84 Westy - The previous (original) owner took phenomenal care of this rig, and it shows. He bought it in Germany (it is painted the odd Euro-spec green) with the rare Air Conditioner option.

The Air works great, but when I engage it I get a *lot* of belt noise. Is this normal? I've never had air in any of my (three) previous Vanagons, so I have no reference. Service records show that a rebuilt compressor was installed about a year ago, and it looks fine...

Reply to
GravyCat

Belt may be worn or loose!

Reply to