89 cabriolet stripped engine block threads for oil pressure sensor

The head on my 1989 cabriolet was replaced approx. one year ago. Recent increase
in oil leaking around sensor threads on rear of engine block. I question that
this (disruption of threads) was done at that time. Threads are stripped in
block. Can I drill, tap, and use fix a thread or helicoil without disturbing
engine oil or coolant flow, or worse yet, both? Also, what size would I drill
and thread out to? Thanks for any help or advise that you could give me.
Reply to
89Guinea
Take it to a machine-shop and have them do it. All it takes is a few chips in the engine and the $$ you saved doing it yourself all go away.
Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA
Reply to
pfjw

Site Timeline Threads