98 Jetta wont recalibrate itself.

Car: 98 Jetta GT Problem: very low idle.

I disconnected the battery to perform repairs requiring this. I know this erases all stored information in the computer. its been a couple weeks now and it has not recalibrated itself yet. this is the first time it has done this with a DIY battery disconnect. this is the 4th battery disconnect I've done. I do a lot of driving and this has not occurred until now. is there a KEY ON/KEY OFF sequence that I can use to reset these values. before I disconnected the battery, the check engine light was on and now its not, would the prior stored DTC code have something to do with this problem. I have an ISO interface on the way so I can fix it but I just wanted a possible explanation. thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to
The Burns