98 Passat loud hum when braking

In December of 2002 I had my mechanic install Zimmermann Sport cross-drilled discs with Mintex Red pads on the front of my 98 Passat 1.8T. Everything worked great until last week when the car began making a VERY LOUD HUM from the right front when I engaged the brakes, especially when slowing down from high speeds. The hum diminishes in both volume and pitch as the speed is reduced. The rotors and pads look OK, and I blew out all the dust, but the hum continues. Brakes seem to be working.

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this noise?

Thanks Arn

Reply to
arnb