After-market Rocker Panels for New Beetle?

A small dent in my wife's 2000 Beetle rocker panel will cost me a fortune to repair. The replacement rocker panel is $50, but by the
time the body shop removes front/rear bumpers, 4 fenders, cuts, welds, and paints half the car to insure a match, the price comes in at $2500. Two shops gave me the same estimate, so it seems legit.
I'd appreciate any options short of $2500. For instance, does anyone know of after-market rocker panels?

So you're willing to save a few dollars on a 50 dollar part, even though it's only a fraction of the all-in price including labour and paint?
That *really* doesn't make sense to me.
Small dent, why not just fix the dent versus all the extra work to replace the panels? Might be a better solution in the long run and eliminate the chance of rust forming at the welds.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Just pull the dent? How are you going to save on the $2,500 in work by buying an aftermarket part instead of the OEM $50 part?