After-market Rocker Panels for New Beetle?

A small dent in my wife's 2000 Beetle rocker panel will cost me a fortune to repair. The replacement rocker panel is $50, but by the time the body shop removes front/rear bumpers, 4 fenders, cuts, welds, and paints half the car to insure a match, the price comes in at $2500. Two shops gave me the same estimate, so it seems legit.

I'd appreciate any options short of $2500. For instance, does anyone know of after-market rocker panels?

Reply to
ldgagenix

So you're willing to save a few dollars on a 50 dollar part, even though it's only a fraction of the all-in price including labour and paint?

That *really* doesn't make sense to me.

Reply to
SteveH

Small dent, why not just fix the dent versus all the extra work to replace the panels? Might be a better solution in the long run and eliminate the chance of rust forming at the welds.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Just pull the dent? How are you going to save on the $2,500 in work by buying an aftermarket part instead of the OEM $50 part?

Reply to
René