Clutch question

I have a 86 GTI. The clutch adjust cable was wound up pretty high and since I was having the motor pulled anyway (rod knock) I thought we'd have the clutch replaced at the same time to replace labor.

Should the cable still be in the same position or did he forget to adjust something when he put it all back together.

Drives fine (New head, used 2.0aba block). My son overheated the car and warped the head, from there, the rod bearings were history quickly...

Reply to
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

The clutch pedal should have 15mm freeplay.

Reply to
Darryl