FS - VW Solar Charger $20 shipped

I've got my hands on 4 solar chargers today, all in great shape and working (tested with DMM).

Asking $20 each, and that includes shipping to any lower 48 State address. Live outside of the lower 48 States, then I'd have to figure out what the extra shipping cost would be.

Thank you.

Pencilneck blah blah blah

Mozilla crapped out on me, now I'm old school with WinVN. :(

Reply to
Pencilneck

My understanding is (and I may be wrong) that these are so the batteries don't run empty on the lot, pre-sale. This would mean they are not specifically designed to last very long. On the other hand, I can't think of much going wrong with them over time (except perhaps casing material to become less translucent).

Do you have any idea how long they will last?

Also, do they have some electronics built in to properly charge the battery?

- D.

Reply to
TransFixed

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

The chargers are installed at the factory, and it can take up to six months for a vehicle to reach its destination....the solar chargers are quite durable, and they will last.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

aren't they also free at your local VW dealer? my understanding is that they are supposed to come with the new cars...

Reply to
VWGirl

No, Lauren, that is not the case.

The customer can request one at the time of purchase, however, it is not mandatory that they are in the vehicle at the time of delivery.

Reply to
Peter Cressman

Free yes, but you got to buy a new car to get one!

Reply to
Woodchuck

well, everyone's dealer is different... i can order some parts from my dealer that other dealers say are NLA... it depends on how much a dealer wants to help out a DIY guy i guess. I have never flat out asked for one of the panels... but know that the dealer has them and that the dealer does not sell them... at least mine....

Reply to
VWGirl

You would be correct, the solar panels keep the batteries from crapping out while sitting on the dealer's lot, or at port. Funny thing is VW uses a much better battery than it was using just a couple of years ago, ask anyone who had a white case "dry cell".

I've not opened up a solar charger, but I doubt there are any "electronics" inside them. To be honest, I don't know how long they will last. As I recall, solar cells last X number of years before they degrade.. should of stayed awake in school.

Later.

Pencilneck blah blah blah WinVW is killing me.

Reply to
Pencilneck

I did...and I did.

Reply to
Tony Bad

Ditto....and ditto.

David Michalski , D.V.M.

-='01 VW GTI/GLX Alpha/Mercury/RCA Vers. 28218 `

Reply to
-=VW GTI/GLX '01

For that price I hope they at least threw in a Jetta or something...

Reply to
Matt B.

Jim B.

Reply to