Is this a 2002 or 2003 Eurovan VIN?

Is this a 2002 or 2003 Eurovan MV Weekender VIN? v WV2NB 47043 H0140 21

---end--- It's an emerald green poptop if that helps.

Reply to
Noe Whereman

It's a 2003 model year - the 10th digit of the VIN always tells the model year. R=94, S=95, T=96, V=97, W=98, X=99, Y=00, 1=01, 2=02,

3=03, etc.
Reply to
driverswanted77

Now here's the confusing part. After making the post, I found the Date sticker in the driver's side door. It indicates

2002 and the title which just came in the mail says 2002. v sticker: MFD BY VOLKSWAGON AG GERMANY 06/02 inc. VEH MFD 05/02 v When did VW start manufacturing the 2003 model's?

---end--- I know 02's and 03's are the same; its just a matter of how to get '03 on the title. I just bought this Euro in New Jersey and I haven't transferred the title in my home state of VA yet.

Noe Whereman

You can always plug the VIN into carfax.com for free. You won't get a full history report or anything like that for free but it will go as far as telling you the make/model/year.

Reply to
Matt B.

What year does the NJ title or paper work say?

Reply to
Woodchuck

The door stickers give production dates not model years. If it is a 2003 model it was made in 2002.

Reply to
CanadianCray

All the paperwork on the sale says 2003, but the NJ title says 2002.

---end---

Reply to
Noe Whereman

I work on cars for a living so I deal with this every day. If the date on the door jamb says 02 than it is an 03 model year vehicle. All manufactures are the same. They have to start making next years model a year early so they can be sold on time. Paper work can be screwed up. The sticker on the door can't.

CanadianCray

Call your local VW dealer and give them the VIN so they can check and see what year VW considers it as. I'm told in Germany the new model year isn't until Jan-1 but here in the USA we are so... much in a hurry we introduce NEW cars way to early. That's why we have Golf & Jetta's & Passats which are

99 & 99.5 model years.

Woodchuck