1991 Corrado - cooling fan will not shut off

Hey all - anyone know why the electric fan in my 91 corrado runs continuously? Drove it yesterday and everything was fine, got home and the fan was running normally, but never shut off. Went out this morning to a dead battery :( charged the battery back up, but when I connect it the fan kicks in at hight speed. Thermoswitch bad maybe?

Reply to
drachen67

Could also be one of the afterrun relays. They kick in when the engine is off and hot. They control both the fan as fuelpump to prevent vapour lock.

SFC

"drachen67" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
SFC

My guess would be the thermoswitch,. If you have A/C, it could also be the relay that turns the fan to high speed when the refrigerant pressure is too high. The relay could be stuck on.

Reply to
Randolph

That is a good point -- I notices a quiet hum coming from the back of the vehicle last night...turned the key on and back off and it stopped. I came out this morning to a dead battery again :( -- any idea where this afterrun relay(s) are located?

Reply to
drachen67