New Oxygen Sensor needed to be changed 10 times on new VW.

New Oxygen Sensor needed to be changed 10 times on new VW.

Any reason for this? This is a new car, just 3 years old and 40,000 miles on it.

Reply to
Steve Shapson

You don't say how new but wasn't there a recall to reprogram the ecm to correct a problem like this? And how about the MAF, they now have a extended warranty because of problems. You need to get the vw zone person involved in this problem.

Joe

Reply to
Jo Bo

Little more info is needed such as was there fault codes, who did the work? But I find it odd that it would need replacing more than once or maybe twice and only if that one was faulty. 10 times in 40k miles... maybe the shop who is working on the car doesn't know how to fix the real problem which maybe causing the O2 to go bad. Or maybe they are looking at the data incorrectly... as an example a fault code of "O2- no activity detected" could mean a faulty O2 sensor or a mixture being too lean. If it's too lean then the O2 will have no or very little output!

Reply to
Woodchuck

If the repairs are done by a dealer I've got to wonder why the dealership hasn't called the Zone already! And, I've gotta wonder why the Zone hasn't noticed the 10 warranty repairs.

Tim Wohlford

Reply to
Tim Wohlford

Thanks for all your advice here. My friends car is THE NEW BETTLE, a 2001 with 40,000 miles. I'll relay this info. to him.

Thanks.

Steve S.

Reply to
Steve Shapson