passat cold run ?

My 91 Passat 16V starts runs for a few sewconds, then shut off. When I try to feather the throttle, she cuts right out. After 5 or 6 tries, she will stay running if you hold the pedal 1/2 ay down. Tried disconnecting the Coolant temaeratur sensor, No difference.

Anybody?

TIA Shawn in COLD NY

Reply to
butch

Sounds like it might be the problem and I don't remember them being that expensive. It sounds like the engine is running off the fuel from the cold start valve and the injectors are not keeping the engine running. So did you check the ohms of the CTS?

Also check fuses to make sure that your fuel pressure regulator is getting current.

AND check the intake manifold boot, and related hoses, to make sure your engine does not have a vacuum leak. I suggest taking the large boot off, yeah I know it is cold, examining it well and reinstalling it. You could do this after you have run the engine some to warm things up some.

let us know what you find! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave