pointer?

saw a VW pointer on the road today near Micanopy FL with Mexican plates... had to do a double take, had never heard of one before! not so great pictures found here:

VWGirl

Known as a Polo Varient in Europe

Reply to
Pete Cressman

No, the polo is a different car...

Reply to
VWGirl

i was surprised when i saw my first polo estate :) UK

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
Rob Guenther

It's smaller...

aboutthe size of a polo... but in a wagon form... maybe it is similar to a "polovariant" since peter thinks it is the same car...

Reply to
VWGirl

wagon, or is it smaller? It's hard to tell from the picture.

Smaller but not by much.

The Pointer is the Brazilian Gol (hatchback) and Parati (Wagon) with the name changed to Pointer for the Mexican market (not sure why though). The car is actually the successor to the Fox that North America got.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
Randolph

Reply to
Rob Guenther

It's a rebadged Parati.

Reply to
Matt B.

chassis and such, the front end doens't look like a Polo.

Not the same chassis either. It's more likely related to the fox that we got. it has a longitudinally mounted engine like the Fox did and not a transverse engine.

Reply to
Matt B.