VR6 Stalling

Corrado VR6 - Stalls randomly when the clutch is depressed. Sometimes stalls immediately, sometimes after some seconds in which case it initially idles OK but then the revs slowly drop until the engine stops. Idle is sometimes a bit erratic but only by 100-300 rpm. There are no fault codes and the Idle Stabilisation Valve opens and closes freely when tested using output diagnostics. You can use the accelerator to keep the revs up with no misfiring or other problems so it seems to me an idle air problem. Has anyone had the same trouble and know the most likely cause ? The steering feels a bit funny also, the weight changes like the power assistance is varying, so it occured to me that the PS pump could be partially seizing and causing the engine to stall, is this likely ?

All advice / suggestions appreciated,

Al H

Reply to
Alex Hopwood

Could also be one of the vac. lines loose or broken.

SFC

"Alex Hopwood" schreef in bericht news:HCjqd.54846$ snipped-for-privacy@twister1.libero.it...

Reply to
SFC