What the heck is "DigiJet" ???

I'm familiar with CIS, CIS-E, and Digifant. But my (new to me) '83 waterboxer Vanagon has something called "Digijet". At first glance, it looks similar to what I recall of the Digifant on an '88 Jetta that I previously owned. Is this just an "early" version of digifant, or is this an entirely different and unrelated creature ?

- FM -

Reply to
Fred Mau

Predecessor to Digifant.

IIRC, Digijet only does fuel injection whereas Digifant also does ignition. I'm too lazy to get off my arse and look it up to check in my library.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

Digijet is the name for an engine expensive tool-making row of the Volkswagen company. A technical term, compound from digital and jet (= injection). The Digijet Steuergeraetereihe is a Eigentwicklung of Volkswagens. It was originally produced by triumph eagle and resumed later from the successor company motorcar electronics Nuernberg (KEN). After the dissolution of KEN the Digijet was only further-built by Temic (at that time Telefunken), then also by Bosch and Siemens. The Digijet found use in the Volkswagen models Jetta, gulf, Polo, Polo Coupe and Volkswagen bus T3. With the Volkswagens models Jetta, gulf, Polo and Polo Coupe one finds the Digijet in the

1272ccm-Hydrostoessel-Motor with the engine identification letter NZ. In the T3 the Digijet was used in the 1913ccm-Wasserboxermotor with the engine identification letter DJ. The Digijet is a pure controller for multi-POINT injection. It had no error memory and possesses also no integrated ignition module for the resound-giver-steered transistorzuendung. With both engines therefore an external ignition module is used. Since the T3 in addition still with a power steering and optionally with an air conditioning system one equipped, the no-load operation is regulated here by a no-load operation automatic controller over a further external controller. Of "
"
Reply to
Dave

Please don't use online translation tools unless you're prepared to proof-read and correct the blatant mis-translations after the electronic moron has done its bit.

"engine expensive tool-making row" indeed!

And it then fails to translate "Steuergeraetereihe". I'm surprised it didn't offer "tax instruments row" for our amusement.

It only goes downhill from there.

Reply to
Bernd Felsche

I thought it was a piece of "tongue-in-cheek" sardonic humor, and just quit reading it for factual info.

Reply to
Papa

Reply to
none2u