1997 k1500 4wd ball joints - Prices?

I was getting the Suburban ready for a trip down to Florida sunday and when I checked the Ball Joints I decided they needed to be done, probably would be fine all the way down and back but figured with the kids in the truck I would err on the side of caution.

So I check out a few places for moog parts and total cost for the parts was roughly $150 ( I have the forged arm ) with free loaner tool. Well time is kinda tight for me to do they work and honestly I would probably have to do them outside in the driveway so I figured I would get a couple quotes, steering clear of a dealer.

The 2 quotes I got, with alignment ( $75 ), seemed rediculous. One place said with the align it would cost $675 possibly more, the other stated $750. Am I just so out of touch with prices that these are correct? I mean I would have prefered to let someone else do them as I am really on a tight schedule before we leave but looking at roughly $450 for Labor I think I will have to find the time :(

any thoughts?

Reply to
Daimajin