2000 Z71 4wd push buttons

They have started not working all the time. Is there something a "sorta" mechanic can do without too much money to fix it? Is the switch easy to get to? About how much would a new one cost? Thanx for any help. I just joined giganews to find you all! Glad you're here.

Thanx, Bob

Reply to
bsoderror1

I had to replace the switch on my 2000 and IIRC it was about $75 and took 10 mins to replace. I have read on here that a lot of the issues are with cold solder joints and I believe some have even removed the switch, resoldered the joints and that solved the problem.

HTH

Reply to
genius

I got the main part of the dash off, but I can't figure out how to get at the solder joints and I can't even figure out how to remove that little assembly with the switch(s) in it... Any tips?

Reply to
bsoderror1