306 Speedo, Rev Counter, & Fuel gauge all not working

All have just cut out - I'm assuming the petrol gauge has too as I'm sure there was half a tank in there a couple of days ago - gonna check that by buying some fuel tomorrow. What's odd is that the temp guage is fine, as are all the other lights/indicators, and the odometer is ticking forward at the correct rate. And it's an S plate diesel (not turbo) if that's of any use. thanks in advance if you have any ideas - been through the Haynse wiring diag but with no joy. Also it's not long had a new cambelt and tensioner - any proximity to cable? (not a logical assumption that the cable is gone if the odometer is working I know)

Reply to
paul.treneary

All the fuses OK? No 2 is the instrument panel I think, depends on how many fuses there are.

Reply to
Brian

Had exactly the same thing happen to mine a few months ago. Unplugged the fuse(s) that feed the instruments (varies from model to model) waited a minute then put them back - been fine ever since.

Reply to
Blobby

Try removing the shunt fuse for a few minutes with the ignition on. Then put it back and test the instruments. Sounds weird but it worked a couple of times for me.

Reply to
Nigel