2004 Trailblazer 4.2

Is there a coolant block drain on 2004, 4.2L, Trailblazer? I can't seem to locate one. If not, how does one drain coolant from the block - by thermostat removal? If I have to remove the thermostat, it appears I have
to remove the P/S pump to access the thermostat bolts. Is that correct? Any and all information is greatly appreciated.
Remove the lower hose from the radiator, best bet if no block plugs.