Trailblazer

BIL has a Trailblazer with a 4.2, '03 (?), ~95KM.

Voltage gauge 'pulses', swings up and down, sometimes between 13.5 - 14.5, other times between 9 - 15. He removed battery ground with the engine running, no change to behavior. No codes.

Voltage regulator?

TIA

Reply to
Commentator

Sounds like the voltage regualter whicvh is part of the alternator. also tell him to be ready to place the ecm since he tried a test metyhod that went out 30 years ago. Disconnecting the battery while a vehicle is running and then reconnecting it causes massive voltage spikes which cook computers. Hell jhooking a set of jumper cables up without shuting the donar vehicle off first can cook computers. same with disconnecting them.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I was thinking the same thing on removing the cable, but he didn't ask, he just told me about it after the fact.

Thanks.

Reply to
Commentator