Latest threads in Chevrolet 4x4 Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 Tahoe, Front end Bushings
I have a 95 Tahoe that has a loose upper ball joint. How do the bushings wear on these vehicles? I don't see any signs, visually. I've replaced lower control arm bushings on a 73 Plymouth before....
4
4

95 Blazer Coolant Leak, Intake or Head Gasket?
Hi, I have a =9295 Blazer with a 4.3L Vortec V6. The engine has developed an internal coolant leak. No external leaks are visible. A considerable amount of white smoke comes out of the exhaust. The...
4
4

Did I do the right thing?
Gulp. I didn't go into the dealership to buy a new truck. I bought a 4x4 Silverado new in 2006 for 24,000. With 32K miles and noticed the tire wear on inside rib, I went to have it aligned, wondering...

Truck Radiator Leak - HELP
I've just discovered a radiator leak in my 97 GMC 1/2 ton in the oddest place. It appears to be leaking where the transmission line makes a connection at the top drivers side of the radiator. The nut...
5
5

where to put New tires?
I went to Firestone to have my rear tires replaced on my all wheel drive SUV and the mechanic disagreed with me when I told him to take the front tires off and put them in the back and put the New...
15
15

Suburban Interior Space
My '99 Suburban can haul 4x8 plywood inside the cab with the seats folded down. Can I do that with the new series Suburbans? From what I see, the new style Suburbans are smaller than the older...
3
3

Steering wheel DIC and radio controls
In the last couple of months, my Z71 '04 Avalanche has had two of the lights burn out on the steering wheel controls...(one on the right side volume toggle and on the left side DIC toggle). How do you...
2
2

89 k5 rear window regulator cable
Does anyone have experience with the replacement of the rear window (tailgate) regulator cable with the electric motor ? Luckily, the window is up, but accessing the end connected to the transmission...

A/C problem
I am having a A/C problem on a 1996 chevy suburban. The A/C is not blowing cold air and compressor is not engaging. I First checked the pressure on low side which read zero. I then charged the system...
3
3

chevy suburban AC problems
I am having a A/C problem on a 1996 chevy suburban. The A/C is not blowing cold air and compressor is not engaging. I First check pressure on low side which read zero. I charge the system with the ac...

Trailer brake connection
I just traded up my '06 Canyon extended cab for an '09 crew. The new one comes pre-wired with a 7 wire connector, whereas the old one was a 4 wire. Where would I find the connector for the brake...
5
5

Restored Antique RV 1920 Dorris model K-4
Restored Antique RV 1920 Dorris model K-4 I found it rusting in a barn in Montana. After 4 years and lots of work, my labor of love is 100% restored! The RV of my my dreams reaches a top speed of 15...
1
1

'97 Chev. K3500 clutch master / slave clinders...
As many folks already know, the clutch master / slave cylinders used in the '97 Chev. K3500 and presumably other related models are essentially a defective design. The normal failure mode is a failure...
2
2

'97 Chev. K3500 clutch master / slave cylinders...
Please forgive the cross posting as I think it's appropriate here. As many folks already know, the clutch master / slave cylinders used in the '97 Chev. K3500 and presumably other related models are...
4
4

Chevy is DEAD!!!
The automobile crisis is hitting them hard and they will go bankrupt within a few months. Then there will be no new Chevys anymore and you can throw away your old ones, because there will be no new...
2
2