4.3 upgrade

Got a 92 S10 Blazer with a"Z" motor on the fritz. Can I install a 92 "W" motor easily with the correct wiring harness or is it a pain?

Reply to
S. Bourne

It's a huge PITA swapping out wiring harnesses! I'd just rebuild the 4.3 you have and stick with the TBI.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I'll second this, as someone who looked into doing the swap on my 89. WAY more complicated than you would think.

One way to heat up the TBI motor is to switch to 1.6:1 rocker arms. About an hour's work, and worth it. Exhaust mods would help as well. Check out

for more details.

Personally, I'm leaning towards a supercharger in the next couple years. 8)

Reply to
burntkat