93 Chevy 4x4

I get a chugging and surging when ever my rpms fall below 1200 or so. This is mostly in 3rd gear (I have a 5 speed). It acts like the clutch was engaged to soon and you get a learching forward and back. I just got the
truck and think it may be the fuel filter or tune up or such. Any advise would be most helpful.
Could be slop in the transfer case chain. I get the same lurching sometimes with my Blazer too. Reminds me of my old Harley riding days. If your problem only happens decellerating (spelling?) dont worry about it too much, just be aware that the case may need an overhaul in the future. Keep an eye on the fluid level in the meantime.
Charles