94 CHEV DIESEL

My 94 chev diesel 6.5L is a driving me crazy.
Fuel pump has been replaced twice in 6 years. At a cost of $2500.00 canadian, my fuel savings are out the window. Are there any options for
these vehicles besides getting rid of it. A new truck is not an option. Any aftermarket pumps that would perform any better? Let me know. thanks

you ned to relocate the pump driver off of the injection pump. what happens on those things is the driver is inadequately cooled by the pump body and slowly cooks itself. go to www.thedieselpage.com
hth, Bret
Hello Frustrated,
Install an in-line diesel fuel filter/water separator, like the Racor 645, between your fuel tank and the electric fuel lift pump. You can choose between 30micron, 10micron and 2micron filter elements. Check the www.62-65-dieselpage.com website for advertisers (or do a search on "racor 645" other installation/troubleshooting tips. Good luck.
Franko

Any
Would this be a permanent type fix or a bandaid. I really don't want to replace the injector pump again in 6 years.

Hello farmerboy,
I believe the worst enemies of a diesel fuel injection pump (and injectors) are water and foreign particles in the diesel oil, and low lubricity diesel oil. The fuel filter/water separator installed between the fuel tank and electric fuel lift pump will address the first two. Your electric fuel lift pump will also benefit from the filter/separator (some replacement electric fuel lift pumps will have their warranty voided if no filter is installed between the pump and the fuel tank).
Franko

for
option.
Franko, that is a valid point with regards to installing a water separator, good insurance for your fuel system especially the injector tips. But the problem with the 6.5 pump was identified by Bret, and that is the correct answer for the 6.5 issue. Too much heat not water in the fuel.
sell it or learn to grin and bear it
it's a known problem and GM offered **free** extended warranties to cover the pump issues
I had mine changed 2X in 240K km, both under warranty. Sold it when it started acting up the 3rd time and was out of warranty.

Thanks, Demon, for clarifying that.

separator,