95 K1500 drum brake adjusters

I have never had any good luck with the automatic adjusters on drum brakes on any vehicle. All the brake hardware on this truck was replaced by me about 2 years ago.
Everything was installed as per the official big $ GMC manuals. The threaded adjusters don't screw out to keep the shoes in position properly - I have to manually screw them into position. I've tried various lubricants on other vehicle adjusters, nothing on these current units except what came on them. Does anyone have an idea what lubricant would work best?
Stephen Young wrote:

    First make sure you start them out so the drums have some drag to them. Next make sure the spring is not jamming the adjuster.
    The only lube that works on adjusters is Anti-seize. This is what comes on them. Charles
Charles Bendig wrote:

Thanks Charles...