Removing Seat Back Adjusters

Hi Folks,

I have a '71 standard beetle and I am reupholstering all the seats. I have disassembled the front seat backs and bases and I am preparing to sandblast the frames and repaint. My problem is I can't seem to figure out how to take the seat back adjusters (recline) out of the seat base. There is a knob on both sides that turns to four different positions and in each knob there seems to be a pin with a head on it. I can't see a hole on the other side of the pin so I can't figure out how to drive it out. Does anyone have an idea how to take this apart? I don't want to sandblast that area without removing the mechanism because I think it will just get all jambed up with sand.

Any help is greatly appreciated. ;-)

Scott S.

Reply to
compwrench