97 S-10 Blazer bumped rear bumper

In my dotage my driving must be slipping. I backed into a concrete bumper block, too tall to drive over, too short to see. I hit the bumper just left of center, not very hard. Blazer rear bumper has what appear to be end caps and a center section about three feet long which contains a stepped down area for a hitch. My damage is superficial, I don't think the structural element of the bumper is damaged, just the red sheet metal covering.

My question is: would it be a fairly simple process to get a replacement from a salvage yard and remove/replace my damaged piece? Or, does it involve a pretty major disassembly process. I'm more handy with a wrench than average but have almost no body work experience.

Any thoughts anyone?

Reply to
Danpeak