99 chevy p0442 code

where should i look and how do i fix it

Search Google for ideas. It is related to an evaporative canister. But the first thing to try is to tighten your gas cap until in clicks 3 or 4 times.

System Leak (Small). This means that the EVAP Control system has detected a leak, most likely, but not always, the gas cap. The charcoal canister is also known to trigger a code, but usually a P0440 EVAP Emission Control System Malfunction code. I know this because my charcoal canister was the culprit when I recieved this code. Another possiblilty is that one of your vaccuum lines related to the emission system, has become disconnected. Have you been working under the hood lately?
Hope this helps.
i've done nothing since i got the truck and had to replace the drive shaft transfer case adapter torson bar and crossmember and some seals around the transfer case

your
Have