99 Silverado Rear Brake Rusted & Parking

Page 2 of 2
Been watching this thread and was surprised by the '99 having disc on the rear. My '99 Suburban has drum on the rear, no problems with the backing plates and ONLY the adjuster slot!

Kevin I did ask the service mgr. what keeps the new backing plate from rusting out and he did not know, he assumes they have been improved. In any event I will be painting or otherwise rust proofing, Since you have a real drum brake I do not think you have a problem. I've never had this happen on any car or truck I've owned and I have had some real old junk stuff at times. I have had to replace brake lines that were rusted, and body panels (duh). Rust in the northern states is a given, but not after just 6 years.
Once again this group is awesome!!