'99 Suburban Interior Dome Lights

I am having problems with my interior / dome lights that keep coming on whenever they want. The only temporary way to fix this is to use the dome override switch. I would like to have them working properly since I have 3
kids to load into the truck and can't see unless I turn on the lights manually or press the unlock button on the key ring. I already drained the battery because I forgot to turn them off. Any cheap fixes? BTW I have the barn doors in the back. Thanks, Wayne

I found the problem in my 98 model to be the passenger front door switch. To troubleshoot, unplug each door sensor switch one at a time, and see if it continues doing it. Once I found out which door it was, I just left that one unplugged. If it had been the driver's side, I would have replaced it, but I don't care about the passenger door.
The front doors actuate cheap, plastic switches that poke out of the dashboard. To unplug them, you have to reach up into the dashboard. On the passenger side, remove the glove box by opening, undoing whatever it is that makes the door stop, rotate the door down and slide it off its hinge, then you can reach up and unplug that switch.
Remember, unplug one at a time.
For the barn doors (which I also have), you can clean the metal contacts with a pencil eraser. You can also remove the switch on the body side to unplug the door open sensor, once you eliminate the other doors.
Worked for me.
Jeff