99 Tahoe Interior Lights Problem

I have a 1999 Tahoe. The other day while driving all of the interior lights started to turn on then off repeatedly. Knowing a bit about cars I figured I had to get them to turn off by themselves or it might kill the battery. The only way I was able to get them to turn off and not come back on was by pushing the "dome override button" in. I tried this a number of times to see if the interior lights would eventually turn off by themselves and they did. I then pushed the "dome override button" in again to deactivate it. The interior lights did not come back on again. So, I thought it was going to be ok until I could get the chance to take things apart. Well, a some point during the night, you know they came on again, and I had a dead battery. After taking care of that, I pushed the "dome override button in again, so the lights would not come on, on their own and kill the battery again. I still have not been able to take things apart yet, but figure it might be a short somewhere or a bad switch. Does anybody out there know anything about this. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Reply to
eric.dupaul

If it has a hatch make sure it is closed.

Reply to
Acura God

It has the barn doors option, and I believe the doors are/were closed at the time this was occuring.

Reply to
eric.dupaul