92 S10 Blazer losing power

I did a full tune up in April, electronic pick up, distributor, cap, plugs and wires and an oil change. Now I am loosing power and sputtering. Could this be a fuel filter? Maybe Injectors? HELP me please, I can't afford to take it to a garage or buy another vehicle.

Reply to
Loralee

Quit buying CHEAP GASOLINE

Reply to
no one

Is it hot outside when it is doing it and at what power setting and did you install the correct plugs? (Take a few out and see how they look)

Reply to
SnoMan

Catalytic converter plugged?

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

I noticed with my 92 S10 that when it is above 90 outside I go from 15mpg to

18mpg. What the heck gives with that? Air to fuel mixture or someth>>I did a full tune up in April, electronic pick up, distributor, cap, >>plugs

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

LS

Second that,it happened to me after replacing CPI unit.

Reply to
Crusader

192,000 miles on a 1989 4.3 s-10 4X4 With the ORIGINAL OXYGEN SENSOR and it gets 27 mpg HWY 23 mpg city . I use CITCO GAS .... If I use SUNOCO or SPEEDWAY it Drops to HALF the milage .

Yes I have NEVER changed that Sensor. ONE owner Truck.

Reply to
no one

Just a possibility here

Try removing the dist cap and check for any movement on the dist shaft... Ended up replacing my distributor (91-S10) as the bushing inside wore out-of-round

Reply to
ken

You Shud have already Replaced at least ONE TIMING chain By NOW !

LS wrote:

Reply to
no one

Still on the original time bomb, er timing chain.

Ever since I replaced the intake manifold gasket it has a ting in cylinder #1. I think it's timing. I need to get the chain done and maybe a rebuilt distributor. I imagine it's pretty sloppy.

LS

Reply to
LS

GM 4.3 V6 & V8 timing chains tend to last well past 200,000 miles. Caddilacs and Buick V6's are known more for needing timing chains replaced. Most 4.3V6 and V8 Chevy owners only replace a timing chain if:

  1. It Fails. 2. They are replacing the Cam. 3. Rebuilding the motor. Charles
Reply to
Charles Bendig

My '91 (TBI) does the same thing except that mine goes from 11.5 up to 14.5 mpg. I'm thinking I need a warmer thermostat than my current one.

Reply to
SBlackfoot

I noticed my temp never changes.

LS

Reply to
LS

Ah, but what temp does it run at?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

It is definitely NOT the catalitic converter, before I purchased it the converter had been punched out.

Reply to
Loralee

I have been purchasing gas from the same place for over a year, since I purchased the blazer and they've been using the same supplier. I did have them check it right in front of me to see if there was water in the fuel and there was not.

Reply to
Loralee

Around 180 or 190. I have a 180 stat in it with a Hypertech chip.

Reply to
LS

We've changed the fuel filter, and took off the in fuel line to the throttle body, it is getting plenty of fuel but it still acts like it is starving for something. Would the O2 sensor be causing this? I've heard it is possible for a catalitic converter to get plugged again even after it was punched out, is this a possible cause?

Reply to
Loralee

I wouldn't think the catalytic converter could get plugged. The O2 sensor caused mine to run pretty bad but that was 200,000 miles ago. :) Still running strong but getting bad mileage. I wonder if I need to go back to a

190 degree stat and replace my O2 sensor.
Reply to
LS