bad vibration at idle and low speed

Threaded View
My 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4 with a 2.8 engine has this rumble at idle and
low speed acceleration that makes you think the engine is coming
apart....... but my mechenic says the engine is fine, and thinks the problem
is either a cracked flywheel or something messed up with the torque
converter.......... so before I take it to a trany man I thought I would
just get some advice from people who maybe have had this similar
problem....... the engine was rebuilt 3 years ago.......

What kind of repair cost am I looking at here........ aside from this shake,
the trany seems to shift ok, and the 4 wheel drive worked good last
winter.......

Re: bad vibration at idle and low speed
A few years ago I got a good deal on a truck cause the salesman said it had
a cracked flywheel.  I got it home and crawled underneath to check it out
and found the torque convertor bolts were all loose.  Tightened them and the
truck ran good.

problem
shake,

Re: bad vibration at idle and low speed
I had a locked up clutch fan shake the water pump loose.

problem
shake,

Site Timeline