Brake Light Switch for '95 Chevy 1500

How is the switch engaged when the switch is clipped on the Power Booster actuator arm? I can make the brake lights come on by physically pushing the switch in, but when I mount it (it can only mount one way)and then
attempt to push the brake down, the switch travels with the Power Booster arm and the switch never makes up.
Help me, please before I sink this Chevy and buy a Ford!! LOL
Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!