brakes dont brake. HELP!!!

I have a 93 slt jimmy with the 4.3 engine. Two weeks ago, i just got new front brakes. They worked great when i first go them put on. Now, my truck barely stops. My brake pedal barely goes down. To stop, i had to put both
of my feet on the brake to stop. But it still barely stops when i do that. I notice i hear an air noise when i hold my brake down. And it doesn't stop making that noise until i let off the brake. Also since this problem has started, twice my truck seemed like it wanted to stall out. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!?! PLEASE HELP ME!
Sounds like the vacuum booster is leaking at the hose input, or the unit itself. raise the hood and check while someone pushes the brake. old john

I had this same problem on my 94 Jimmy. Turned out to be the EGR valve had plugged and stuck open. Mine was done for free under an extended warranty plan for that specific problem, but the time has certainly run out by now. The repair called for replacement of the valve and installation of an updated PROM in the computer. The EGR valve sticking open also causes a vacuum leak.

thanks for the post old john. I think it may be the brake unit itself like you said. The truck has 125,000 on it. Im getting it checked out tommorow. I just hope it doesn't cost to much.