93' jimmy 4.3 sputters on acceleration

i have a 93 jimmy and when i am accelerating it sputters and has no power untill the rpms get high and im going faster. It also uses alot of gas. i've checked the cylinder compression and all are good except the front 2 drivers side they are 5 psi too low. Could it be a bad head gasket? Or could it be a bad injecter pumping too much gas? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance jeff

Reply to
vortec4x493

I forgot to add that the exaust smells like im burning straight gas and it has pre-ignition also the computer isn't putting out any codes. ive had it on

3 different code readers
Reply to
vortec4x493

Reply to
Shep

Reply to
vortec4x493

Reply to
Shep

"vortec4x493" wrote in news:5d8e2d1892a0a@uwe:

95% sure this is the CPI unit, I had the same thing happen. The earlier you get it fixed, the less problems it will cause you. The raw gas gets right in the oil as well and thins it.

~$1000 repair if a garage or GM does it. ~$500 repair if you buy the part and do it yourself. Or, if you are really adventurous, you can replace pieces of the CPI unit (regulator and nut kit) but this is not recommended by GM.

has some tutorials in the forums.

Reply to
Conan Ford

Reply to